Friday 20 April 2012

Smile

A Smile

I know it's a Friday so most people are over the moon and excited for the weekend ahead but i thought some of you,like me might need a little pick me up after the first week back to school/work after the Easter also the weather in England is really putting a downer on my mood right now all this rain makes me not want to leave the house!
I'm not really one for poems but i learnt of this a couple years ago and ever since its been my favourite one! I've searched for the author so many times but google seems to come up 'unknown' or Karen Mclendon-Laumann but I'm not convinced,anyway enough with the ramblings,here's the poem:

Smile

Smiling is infectious
You catch it like the flu.
When someone smiled at me today,
I started smiling too.

I passed around the corner,
Ans someone saw my grin.
When he smiled I realised 
I'd passed it on to him.

I thought about that smile
then I realised its worth,
A single smile,just like mine
could travel round the earth.

So,if you feel a smile begin,
don't leave it undetected 
Let's start an epidemic quick,
and get the whole world infected!






6 comments:

leave your blog link with your comment& I'll be sure to look at it! x